The library website incorporates dozens of search tools, repositories, databases, and collections. Librarians have created in-depth research guides, instructions, and tutorials to help you learn how to use these resources and access materials.
- Searching Hartness and Keywords & Search Strategies provide information about what the search engine on the library homepage does and how to improve results by using the appropriate words and advanced search options.
- Research Basics and Research Topics offer suggestions for the research process and a variety of suggested questions to kick-start your project.
- Borrowing & Renewing provides information about our book borrowing and interlibrary loan services.
- The Evaluating Sources, Citing Sources, and Linking to Sources pages offer essential information about what to do once you have located materials you plan to use in your academic work.
- There are several Tutorials & Videos available to help familiarize you with library resources and research concepts.
- Subject Guides and Specialty Guides offer recommended library resources by academic discipline or area of interest.
- Technical Problems provides troubleshooting steps for common database errors and problems accessing online materials, as well as a list of current known technical issues.
After reviewing these guides and instructions, we encourage you to contact a librarian for help with your research strategies, assistance navigating any of the library resources, and recommended sources for your paper or project.