How to Find eBooks
The library has access to thousands of full-text electronic books (eBooks) that can be accessed online. To find eBooks, search one of our eBook collections.
Library eBook Collections
Click on the Find Books & Videos tab and select "Search eBooks."
This will bring you to a listing of our eBook collections:
The EBSCO eBook collection is our largest, general-purpose eBook database, with full-text books on a variety of different topics. Once you find a title, you can view it directly in your browser window by clicking on eBook Full Text. You can also use the "Permalink" feature to link directly to that title or opt to save a PDF of up to 60 pages at a time using the EBSCO eBooks "Print" feature. Make sure you have an updated version of Adobe Acrobat Reader to be able to view the eBook online.
Downloadable eBooks with EBSCO
Some EBSCO eBooks can be downloaded and read offline. For those titles, you will see a "Download this eBook (Offline)" button. You need to sign up for a free EBSCO account to use this feature.
- Desktop: Adobe® Digital Editions 1.7.1 or higher is required for offline viewing.
- Apple and Android devices: Bluefire Reader is recommended.
- Kindle: PDFs can be created in the eBook Full Text view and transferred using Send To Kindle.
You can limit your search to downloadable titles by checking off the "Download Available" box before you begin your search for eBooks in the EBSCO database.
Subject-specific eBook Collections
We also subscribe to specialized eBook collections for specific subjects. They can be great resources for topics in these subject areas.
- ScienceDirect eBooks - Physical, biological, & social sciences eBooks. eBook chapters can be downloaded as PDFs.
Note: Not all the eBooks listed in ScienceDirect have the full-text available. Select "Subscribed sources" instead of "All sources" in the search window to limit your search to titles that you will be able to view.
- STAT!Ref Medical Textbooks - Medical and nursing textbooks. Titles must be viewed online; they cannot be downloaded.
STAT!Ref Mobile App: STAT!Ref offers a mobile app to view content on your smartphone or tablet. Once you download the app you will need to generate a login to use with it. To do so, go to the database in your web browser, click on My STAT!Ref, and login or create an account using your college e-mail. Once you are logged in, go to Temporary Login Account and click the Activate/Renew button. You can then use your STAT!Ref login with the app. (You will need to come back and "renew" the login every 90 days.)
- Safari Tech Books - eBooks on Web development, operating systems, etc. Titles must be viewed online; they cannot be downloaded.
- ENGnetBASE: Engineering eBooks - Civil, mechanical, and electrical engineering eBooks. Titles can be downloaded as PDFs.
- ENVIROnetBASE: Environmental Science eBooks - Environmental science eBooks. Titles can be downloaded as PDFs.