Step 1. Select a Topic
Think of a subject you are interested in and would like to know more about.
Based on the requirements for your assignment, think of several ideas or issues within that subject.
Browse Library Subject Guides for examples of resources by subject.
Start by exploring Library databases which offer lists of current topics:
- Opposing Viewpoints - click on "Issues" from the top menu bar
- CQ Researcher - click on "Browse by Topic" from the left-side menu
- NewsBank - click on "Hot Topics" or "Special Reports" on the left-side menu
- Films on Demand - watch videos on a topic that interests you to get background information
- Intelligence Squared Debates
- Idea Generator (Old Dominion Univ.)
- Choosing a Topic (OWL Purdue Univ.)