Step 11. Complete & Revise Your Paper
Read It Through
After setting your rough draft aside for at least a day, read it again or ask someone else to read it.
- accurate content
- organized paragraph & sentence structure
- correct grammar, spelling, & mechanics
- proper source documentation
Then complete your final draft of the paper. If you have problems with particular paragraphs or sentences, try reading the paper aloud or have someone read it aloud to you.
- Twelve Common Errors: An Editing Checklist (Univ. of Wisconsin)
- Revision: Cultivating a Critical Eye (Dartmouth College)
- Finding Common Errors (OWL Purdue Univ.)
- Checklist for a Final Edit (Univ. of Richmond)