Persistent Links to Articles, Journals, & eBooks in ScienceDirect
Using persistent links allows you to direct students to Hartness Library materials through email, on websites, in Moodle course sites etc... However, the correct URL must be used to maintain login authentication for many of the Library’s databases. URLs must contain the letters hrt and the word libraries for authentication.
- Locate an article in the ScienceDirect database.
- Copy the URL from your Internet browser or copy the URL for the PDF of the article (this will link directly to the PDF of the article, rather than to the article record in the database).
- Paste the link in an email, website, course site, or save to your Internet browser favorites/bookmarks.
Journal & eBook Links
- Locate an article, a journal, or an eBook in the ScienceDirect database.
- If you locate a specific article, locate the name of the journal in the article record and right click on that link.
- If you locate a journal or eBook record, you can right click on the link that says "Shortcut to this Title".
- Paste either of those links in an email, website, course site, or save to your Internet browser favorites/bookmarks.
Journal Title Example: http://www.sciencedirect.com.hrt-proxy.libraries.vsc.edu/science/journal/02784319