Persistent Links to Films on Demand Videos
Using persistent links allows you to access to Hartness Library materials through email, on websites, in Moodle course sites etc... However, the correct URL must be used to maintain login authentication for many of the Library’s databases. URLs must contain the letters hrt and the word libraries for authentication.
- Use the Films on Demand database to find a video.
- Locate and copy the Title URL.
- Paste the link in an email, website, Moodle course site, etc…
Embedding Video in MoodleYou can simply link to a video in Moodle, or embed a video directly within a weekly discussion area. Note: Do not embed videos in individual forum posts - Moodle will strip them out.
- After locating the video in the Films on Demand database, use the Embed this video option to get the HTML code.
- Copy the HTML code provided. (Do not use Microsoft Word to copy and save HTML text - use Notepad or a text edit program for best results).
- Go to Moodle and turn editing on.
- Click on Add an activity or resource to insert the video in the discussion area.
- Scroll to the Resources options and select to add a page.
- After completing the "Name" and "Description" fields, turn on HTML text editing in the tools menu.
- Paste the HTML code from Films on Demand in the HTML source editor area, then click on Save and return to course.